Sunday, April 13, 2008

Santa Cruz

Jeff and I were planning on taking Jack to the zoo yesterday and as we were getting ready to leave, my friend Joelle called and invited us to go to the beach with them. I was a little hesitant at first....I don't even have a bathing suit for Jack yet! We decided that the beach would be more fun than the zoo so we packed up, went and picked up our other friends who were going with us, ran some errands and two hours later, we were all in the car heading to the beach. Because of our late start, we hit serious beach traffic and it took us an hour and a half to get there. The drive was absolutely beautiful, though. When we got down to the beach, Jack was so excited to be in sand. He loves sand and even loves eating it. Jeff took him down to the water and he went insane....the good kind of insane. He absolutely loved it. The waves were splashing him in the face and he was covered from head to toe in sand and he just couldn't get enough. The water was about 55 degrees and he was shivering like crazy but he didn't care. It was such a fun day!

On the way home, there was a terrible motorcycle accident and we were parked on a little two lane highway for an hour and a half. Jack crashed the second we put him in the carseat and when we got home and got him out, he could barely stand up he was so tired.

It is so fun to watch him grow up and be so excited to see everything around him. He is such a curious little boy. I hope that continues!


Disclaimer- the hat and shirt Jack is wearing is not something I would normally buy.....there was no time to buy anything cute!








7 comments:

The Waldron Family said...

OOOhhh how cute is he. I wish I had a beach to take the kids to. The Great Salt Lake doesn't count! He looks so big compared to my little guy.

Sarah S said...

The beach pictures are so cute!! I love the one of all three of you.

And your disclaimer made me laugh - his swim outfit wasn't that bad. That's great that he loved the water even though it was cold!

Anonymous said...

On my!! I can't believe how fast he is growing! Hopefully we will get to see him soon! We miss you guys!!!

Love-Heather

Rachel said...

He is growing up without us! He is so dang big! You need to make a trip out here and we will play at the beach everyday! Only three more months until Jack gets a cousin!!!

The Lilly's said...

You're making me so jealous...We LOVE Santa Cruz. I'm so homesick!

Carolyn said...

WOW! He is tooo cute :) I am jealous of the beach trip. When are you coming to Salt Lake again- we miss you. Caty and Jack are going to have a great time together- someone her own size to pick on- and someone who probably won't want her dolls.

The Egglestons said...

Such cute photos! It looks like it was a fun day. We can't wait to see you next month and catch up more. I can only imagine how much bigger (and more entertaining) Jack will be by then! We love you!