Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Big 1!

When I first starting blogging, Jack was six months old. He is now a year (since I'm late posting this, he is almost 14 months) and I just can't believe it. Where does the time go? It really seems like yesterday that I was holding him for the first time. I had a hard time for a while thinking that the baby stage was over, but the stage we are in now.......I love it! I t is so fun to watch him get so excited to see planes in the air, dogs out walking and to see his friends at our little playgroups. He is so smart- he copies everything I do and he does it well. He pushes around his little lawnmower when I vacuum, he brushes his hair with my brush and he even gets my keys out of my bag and goes over to the front door and scrapes the keys around on the door because he sees me lock the door when we leave. He is my best little buddy and we have so much fun together.


Jack is a lucky little boy and got to have two birthday parties. We had a triple birthday party with his friend Tyler and cousin Leah and all their friends came. Maren (Leah's mom) had the party at her house and made the most adorable cakes for each of them. Tyler and Jack pretty much hated their cakes and Leah loved hers so much she was double fisting it! Jack was very grumpy from not taking a nap so he pretty much cried the whole time. After we got home, he took a nap and was happy enough to open presents. He got some adorable things but of course he liked the boxes and wrapping paper a little bit more.


Friends at the party:


Maren & Leah
Rachel & Tyler
Aunt Megan & Aunt Rachel
Nicole & Tori
Hannah & Sophie
Becky & Trey
Katie & Armanie
Dyan & Nora
Lindsay & Sarah
Melanie & Noah






(More pictures to come.......)



Party #2 was at our house the next day. My entire family flew in, along with Jeff's parents. Thats what happens when you are grandchild #1 and boy #1! Back in September I was at a boutique party in Palo Alto and came across this adorable company called Lissoos. (http://www.lissoos.com/) This woman designs the cutest t-shirts for little boys and she had a shirt there that said "Birthday Boy" on the front with a number "1" on the back. I didn't buy it at the time, but I realized I wanted it the day before the party. I tracked down the lady, drove to her house and picked up the shirt she left for me on her front porch. It's such a cute shirt and I wish he could have worn it more than once, but it would probably be a little silly to have your 14 month old wearing a birthday boy shirt, right? The party was so fun!



Family at the party:

Grammy & Poppy (Crawford)
Grandma & Grandpa Smith
Aunt Rachel, Megan & Lauren
Aunt Kathy Carter
Lonnie & Cheryl Smith
Jen, Michael, Andrew & Jacob Smith


Jack is a lucky little boy to have so many friends and family who love him so much!




3 comments:

jularun7 said...

happy birthday jack!! he is getting so big ... and your hair looks great, sarah!

Sarah S said...

I LOVE the polka dots!! The orange wrapping paper is my favorite. And the polka dot cake w/ the J is SO cute - I may have to copy it for Eli's :)

Jack is lucky that so much family could come for his birthday - and he is so so cute! I can't believe he has THREE molars?? I remember holding him at just a week old. Crazy how time passes so fast.

Kendee said...

It has been a while since I visited your blog... I can't believe he is 1! Jack is sooo stinkin' cute.